Breakfast Crew

We are "The Breakfast Crew". We are just Brilliant, Ridiculous, Exuberant, Attractive, Knowledgable, Flirty, Amusing, Sexy, Terrific, Caring, Racy, Exciting, Wonderful... people. Hence BREAKFAST CREW...you'll figure it out soon enough...

Friday, March 23, 2007

CRIME WATCH

Thank you frustrated citizen for sharing your experiences.

My car’s wing mirror has been snatched a few times on Uhuru highway after 7pm. You can understand that the police can’t be everywhere and it dark but you feel helpless and frustrated as can do nothing about it. This morning on the highway, near KBC – two guys simultaneously yanked off both mirrors – the time was 7.50am right in the middle of traffic. If this is happening in broad daylight and the men in blue are barely 600m either side – what else should we expect next? This is one of the busiest roads in Nairobi and you don’t even feel safe anymore regardless of time of day.
Frustrated Citizen

Thanks to Preety for the following email.

Yesterday as I walked towards Globe round about, just past Meridian hotel, I noticed a guy falling on the road. I noticed he was one of the muggers I had earlier told you about, his nose was bleeding. He had tried to snatch something from somenone in his car but the victim was too fast and he punched him on the face. Yesterday the "boyz" (lets call them that for now) were so many and active. They ran up and down the Globe roundabout, trying to check if the doors had been locked. For the 30 minutes that I was there chilling for the mat all they did was run up and down. I told you they have been doing this for at least the last five years. Sometimes I think I am the only one who sees them, everybody else is not amused but me. They chased the cars up and down, the same boys of Garissa Lodge. Talk to the C.I.D or whoever is meant to take action, because innocent people will loose their valuables.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I know what you are saying. Thats my dail route to work and the irony is that there are police there and sometimes they walk in groups i.e. the police but it seems the boys have defied the police altogether.

12:29 pm  
Blogger Capital in the Morning said...

Hi this is D and after reading posted mails concerning crimes I really sympathies with them. They should sympathies with me too. I also think the police are not enforcing prompt action. They are on most occasions bribed off by this culprits and it has become a common thing. We should fire them. I mean we can as well do without them because when we are robbed off and report the mater to them they never take action. This leads me to my story. Just one month ago I decided to hang at Westlands. It was like 11.00 pm and since my friends and I thought it was not so late we boarded a matatu to the mall. The former stage that used to cause so much traffic was removed yet this matatu dropped us off there. When we dropped off we never so anyone at the stage and so we assumed we were safe only to cross the road and some man from nowhere snatched my bag and ran off. I was extremely shocked and to my defence started chasing the thief. My important documents were in the bag and I had just withdrawn some money to spend and it all went to the culprit’s hands. As we were chasing the man there is a particular opening just down the road which is a sewage the man disappeared in thin air. More thieves were also following us so we decided to take refuge near a security man who watched me helplessly being robbed off my valuables. I met one cab driver and he showed me several hiding spots of these men. The areas to look out for are the former mall stage just near the roundabout leading to Sarit, under cars, unga house and outside rezorous. Women should be weary of these places since we are most vulnerable because of the handbags we carry. The best advice I could give women when hanging is DONT CARRY HANDBAGS AND CELL PHONES. Board a cab cause i do nowadays. Once bitten twice shy. Police never help in these situations.

11:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home